Total Pageviews

Monday 22 October 2012

Day out in Dunfermline:)

Hey guys!

















So today I went on a wee trip to Dunfermline, Fife today to meet my friend Iska. Was a tad chilly (hence the hat and gloves!) but had a great day anyways! We had a great movie day at her house watching Step Brothers (hilarious) and Miranda but we faced the cold eventually and went for a wee wander outside. I had never really spent time in Dunfermline so was really interested to see the area and the city. We decided that we would take some (professional) photos to post on my blog, even though I was a bit sceptical when we did get strange looks from the locals as they walked by Iska, who had slammed herself against a fence by the ocean ordering me to take a photo. Although our photos turned out really well, it did take me a while to edit them but I did eventually end up finishing them, even though I nearly gave up halfway because I thought they were going to take me forever to finish. We managed to capture some good memories in the photos. The camera performed really well and I mixed between my normal lens and my portrait 50mm lens for the close up shots, and Photoshop Elements was used for the editing of the photos, where I changed the levels of the photos and messed around with the Hue, Saturation and Sharpness. I tried to feature the clothing we were wearing in the photos as it shows some of the autumnal trends that are in stores at the moment. That is why we're rocking leather jackets, tartan scarves, beanie hats and camo green jackets. We decided that we would take some close-ups and portrait photos of our outfits to show them in more detail so that you would be able to see the jewellery and smaller details of the outfits in more depth.  I did try to convince Iska to start her own blog, seeing as she wants to do fashion and beauty when she’s older but she won’t budge (well I did say I tried). It eventually got a little too cold for us to stand outside shivering with our scarves above our head and posing for our photo to be taken so we headed back indoors and looked back over what we had taken. It turned out to be an eventful and fun day, with art involved in many ways. :P

Twitter: @RhonaMacKillop
Facebook: Rhona MacKillop

3 comments:

  1. WOOOH best day ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! What king of camera do you use? Can't wait to read the next one :)

    ReplyDelete